Share:

Coventry Telegraph

The Coventry Telegraph is a local English tabloid newspaper. It was founded as The Midland Daily Telegraph in 1891 by William Isaac Iliffe, and was Coventry's first daily newspaper. Sold for half a penny, it was a four-page broadsheet newspaper. It changed its name to the Coventry Evening Telegraph on 17 November 1941, and then the Coventry Telegraph on 2 October 2006 (which reflected its switch to morning publication). The newspaper became a part of the then Mirror Group (prior to its merger with Trinity to become Trinity Mirror), in 1997. In April 2015, the publication had a paid daily circulation of just over 18,000 copies. Trinity Mirror is now known as Reach plc. Historical copies of the Coventry Telegraph, dating back to 1914, are available to search and view in digitised form at the British Newspaper Archive. ()

Additional Information

Official websites:
Fischer | Data Science ID: NEWSPAPERS:4440, Added: 07/15/2019