Clark County Courier

The Clark County Courier is a weekly newspaper published in Clark, South Dakota, United States. The newspaper serves the counties of Clark and Codington. It is published and edited by Bill Krikac and has a circulation of 1,880. The Courier is published on Wednesdays. The first newspaper in Clark County, the Clark Pilot, was established by E.F. Conklin in 1880, nine years before South Dakota became the 40th U.S. state. The Pilot consolidated with another early newspaper, the Clark Review in 1887 and was published as the Pilot-Review. The Clark Republic was first published in 1901 with E.S. Ashley as editor. Its name was later changed to Clark Republic Courier in 1908 and to Clark County Courier in 1911. Two years later, the Courier was purchased by E.A. Silfies, who had originally come from south of Chicago. On May 14, 1925, a deal was struck between G.E. Morrison, then editor of the Pilot-Review, and Silfies in which Silfies became owner of the Pilot-Review which he consolidated into the Clark County Courier. Silfies and his son, Orval, continued to operate the paper until 1945 when it was purchased by B.W. "Jeff" Condit of Mayville, North Dakota, the Lum Brothers of Wahpeton, North Dakota and Wayne Peterson of Moorhead, Minnesota. In 1947 Condit and son-in-law Bert Moritz of ... ()

Additional Information

Fischer | Data Science ID: NEWSPAPERS:4609, Added: 07/15/2019