Share:

Brownwood Bulletin

The Brownwood Bulletin is a daily newspaper based in Brownwood, Texas, USA. Brownwood attorney William Harding Mayes purchased the weeklies Brownwood Bulletin in the 1886 and Brownwood Banner in the 1887, consolidating them into the Brownwood Banner-Bulletin. His brother H.F. Mayes and he started the daily Brownwood Daily Bulletin on October 15, 1900. He published the newspaper until 1914. H.F. Mayes and J.C. White bought the newspaper operation in 1919 and operated it until 1940, when C.C. Woodson bought the daily Bulletin. In 1933, The weekly Banner-Bulletin and its commercial printing division were sold to Mayes' son, Wendell W. Mayes, and partner John W. Blake, who renamed it the Brownwood Banner; the company was later sold to Clark Coursey. The papers merged in the 1950s. In 1959, Woodson’s son, Craig, bought the newspaper and began building a small chain of area newspapers. In 1971, the newspaper moved to its current location and began using an offset press. In 1989, the Woodson Newspapers Inc. chain was sold to Boone Publishing of Tuscaloosa, Alabama. American Consolidated Media acquired the Bulletin in 1999. The Macquarie Group bought Bulletin parent company American Consolidated Media in 2007. ACM violated a $133.7 million loan agreement in 2009, and a group of lend... ()

Additional Information

Fischer | Data Science ID: NEWSPAPERS:2327, Added: 07/15/2019, Last updated: 11/12/2019